Wednesday, January 19, 2011

almost packed







In 2007 I was on top of the World, I had realized my dream, helping to create a team of like minded people and opning The Green Home Center in beautiful San Francisco. 
But it was a short lived dream, and like many others I have become one of many unemployed.

So I have decided to embark on a new direction, although not quite sure where I will end up...

I've been in California for 24 years now; my son lives in Truckee and my mother in Squamish, all of which are beautiful places; and I have some really fabulous friends, so it's not an easy thing: to go, to leave. 


I know all of you are thinking: "Barcelona, such a wonderful city"; and you are right, it is, but still, as I've been walking along the San Rafael Ridge or Crown Road fire road above Larkspur every morning this past month with Wilbur and Maggie, occasionally Coco and Mowgli, sometimes with Beth, or with Denise taking trails behind Deer Park in Fairfax, I can't stop marveling at the moss covered trees, the thick and eerie morning fog, or when it drizzles you probably won't run into anybody at all. It's awesome.
            
Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.

It's been an emotional roller coaster these past couple of weeks, cleaning out all my belongings, so many memories, little knick knacks, and gifts from great people over the years. I think most of my friends had a harder time than me during this "cleansing".

I'm leaving tomorrow 1/19 at 2.50pm, and I arrive 1/20 around 3pm, the overall trip is 15 hours, Barcelona is 9 hours ahead, so our 12 noon is 9pm there. My uncle Victor will come in his van to pick me up, so it won't be a problem to haul Wilbur's travel kennel, and his wife Mari, who happens to be a great cook is making me "sepia amb mandonguilles" (squid with meatballs) for my arrival, I will be thinking and salivating during the entire flight most likely. 

And that's all I know for now. As soon as I land somewhere and get wireless service, I will follow up. 

Thank you all for all the love and support. Be well.

4 comments:

  1. What time did you finally depart SFO and arrive in Spain? What a wild ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left SFO twice, first at 2.50pm, and the second time 8.30pm
    and arrived BCN 12.30am

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,
    Are you getting any?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no, and I'm trying to decide wether to dedicate my next blog to this issue

    ReplyDelete