Monday, May 30, 2011

CHAMPIONS!!

Topsy turvy as Edward is juggling the move to Premia de Mar, with work, Monica and soccer; all very important. While I have been cleaning, mudding, painting, and waiting to get wifi service. To top it off the TV is not working now either, normally I don’t mind that as long as I can get connected to find out what’s going on beyond my perimeter.


So I needed to focus on viewing the game. Lucky for me Tere lives in Premia de Mar, she had spent a summer with me back in 91, when I was living in Hermosa Beach. I had called her acouple of times before, just so she could help me get accuainted with the town. I had called her about something I had seen in a local paper for Sunday, and before I could say anything, she had already asked if I wanted to go see the game at her daughter’s school, as they were planning to place a large screen outside the school yard.
We met at her home, with Marta, Sofia and her daughter, and off to school we went, where they had been doing activities all day long, and getting geared up for the big match, the Champions League Final.




The first 20 minutes was hard to view, because there was still too much light out, but eventually it became very clear, and it was great to see on such a large screen, and more fun to share the excitement with a larger crowd.
Manchester United started the first ten minutes as if they were bulls, very strong. But they burned that energy quickly, and Barcelona, or as we call it here Barca, was able to take control and play their game, take control of the ball and not let the opposite team touch it.


Everyone jumped in excitement when Pedro scored the first goal, and we wre all pumped, looked like the second was close behind; and it was, only this time it was Rooney who scored for MU, the play had been offsides, but nevertheless a nice goal.
Barca continued to play their game, and in the second half came two more goals, first Messi and then Villa. A great game, and victory, followed by fireworks, honking, singing for the next few hours.
That thing that I had called Tere about, I saw in the paper that they were country line dancing in the Placa de la Sardana, Sunday from 12pm to 2pm. So here I am, line dancing in Premia de Mar. It just amazes me that I couldn’t find a place in Marin. I had done classes and had brought friends with me when I lived in Hermosa Beach, and it was fun and great exercise.













And just one more thing I wanted to share, as one of my friends here, Maite, share a 360 photo of the Placa de Catalunya link; unfortunetly I wasn't able to follow up this weekend, last I saw was all the other cities, like Madrid, wher every person was armed with a flower as a weapon in support of "indignats" in Plaça de Catalunya.







No comments:

Post a Comment