Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dali Museum

I already started to backtrack on my last blog, since I was too busy to write while Jordi was here, and too excited after the soccer game to write in cronological order. So keeping that in mind...
Last Monday was Easter Monday, Juanjo had the day off from work, and he offered to take us somewhere, out of the big city in his car. All I had to do was tell him where to go. So many options, but any of the places could have been a good choice. We started towards Ripoll, mostly because Juanjo was convinced that was the path to Rupit, it wasn’t, but we ultimately got there.
Ripoll
Ripoll has a popular old church, just over 1000 years old. We did not go inside because there was a fee, and I just don’t think one should have to pay to enter a church.  

the road to Rupit

Rupit
Rupit
                                         Rupit is a lovely old town in a very lush green spot on the road between Vich and Olot. I came here to camp with friends in my early twenties, back when tourists only went to beach towns to soak in the sun. But these days tourism, whether foreign or local is everywhere, and this town has it’s share, but still mostly local.


Rupit

Rupit

Rupit



Figueres
After we head out towards Figueras, a small city with lots of charm, but our main focus here, was to visit Salvador Dali’s Museum. I had seen it once before and I remembered it because it was so unique, just the way the art is displayed is art in itself, and the building is awesome, the light amazing, the experience mind blowing.













1 comment: